If you are eligible for the flu vaccine, you may receive a letter from your GP Practice.
This is a press release from NHS Ayrshire & Arran on Tues 29th September 2020.
The letter will advise how your GP Practice will provide your flu
vaccination – in some instances, this may not be within your GP
Practice but at a local venue or walk-through facility. Please take
the letter with you when you attend for your vaccine or you may
not receive it.
You may also be able to get your flu vaccination at a participating
Community Pharmacy* if unable to attend at your GP Practice
(you should contact the pharmacy prior to attending). If you are
eligible for the flu vaccine but have not received a letter from
your GP Practice, please contact your practice to request one and
give this to the Community Pharmacy when you attend.
When attending for your vaccination please:
• Wear a face covering at all times (unless exempt from wearing one
• If you are able to, please attend alone
• Wear loose clothing (You may get your vaccine within a public area so please wear
appropriate clothing for easy access to where the vaccine will be administered)
• Physical Distancing measures must be adhered to at all times. Stay 2 metres away from
other people, inside and outside of the building
• Please do not arrive too early or late for your appointment
• If you are unable to attend your appointment please call your GP practice
DO NOT attend your appointment if:
• You have a high temperature, a new or continuous cough or a loss or change to your
sense of smell or taste
• Have been advised to self-isolate
For further information and a list of participating Community Pharmacies visit https://www.nhsaaa.net/flu/